SO life has been hectic hectic lately..moving is seriously no joke!!! so here are some of the things I have been doing while adjusting to live here in Nashville!
1. I decided that this time around I wanted a grown up room… meaning no pastel gingham bedding from pottery barn teen, no aqua chair from target that screams dorm room… and no more millions of college and high school pictures in huge frames around my room! Instead I am doing simple frame with as few ridiculous pictures as possible, I have turned my desk into more of a vanity table, and my bed spread is red and cream and awesome!
2. I have also recently gotten really into HGTV again (I used to LOVE home shows… especially Trading Spaces on TLC… I may have been the only 12 year old on the planet who watched that show religiously its fine! So get ready to see a few DIY projects up on the blog as I am going to attempt a painter’s ladder shelf and an upholstered headboard!
3. Errands including new insurance, a new license, registration, and other grown-up things now that I am in fact part of real world… even tho I am currently in a state of Funemployment
4. job searching, apparently I need to be able to support myself now? I did have an interview today at a Nanny Agency so I will probably be nannying again as well as hopefully working at a counseling center of some sort… yippee!
5. Laying by the pool…. hey it’s summer and a girl’s gotta get her tan on (with SPF obsessively applied)
6. WATCHING OLYMPIC TRIALS!!!! Have I mentioned I love the Olympics? Or that I am going to the Olympics in THREE WEEKS?GAHKJGFHGFGSH? No well… I am! And as the pool loving water baby I am, I am loving the televised coverage of the trials in Omaha… I even know a few of the swimmers there… how cool is that?!
7. Cooking… nothing too gourmet but I do have a great summer bean salad recipe for you guys soon.. once I take pictures of it.. which means I need to make it again! Yes I will be posting food again.. I know I know… have kind of forgotten this started as a food blog… oops
8. Hanging with friends/new roomies! And trying to make new friends… maybe someday I will randomly make friends at the pool…
9. I have also gotten back to a normal workout schedule!!! WOOOO… I work out every day… 30-40 minutes of cardio and then 2-3 days a week I do 20-30 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of weights/circuit workouts!
10. I RAN… ok I ran 1/2 a mile… but up a steep hill…. unfortunately that was over a week ago in Colorado.. there is no way I am running outside here anytime soon… it is HOT and Humid!
Also those of you more religiously inclined please pray for those in Colorado…. the fires that are consuming multiple areas of the state including Colorado Springs and Boulder are pretty bad and many people are losing their homes right now… The heat, wind, and lack of rain isn’t helping.
On that slightly depressing note I am going to watch more trials
What have you been up to lately? Have you been watching Trials?
Peace, Love, and be Sperry!